Quality is everyone’s job! It requires the right systems, the right people and the right skills. H&W provides the tools your organization needs in each of these areas, and has the right training and consulting team to assist you in determining the right solution for your agency.
Individual supports that are person centered are the goal. Providing individualized services and supports is the process agencies use to achieve this outcome.
The Quality Framework for I/DD Agencies:
Effective Quality Assurance and Quality Enhancement (QA/QE) systems are the heart of an organization’s ability to provide effective, individualized supports for the people you support. H&W’s Quality Framework allows your agency to develop a QA focus and process that fits your mission, structure and staffing while maintaining a person-centered focus.
The H&W Quality Framework includes basic principles for establishing:
- Service and Support Priorities
- Distributed Responsibilities
- Efficient Management of QA/QE Priorities and Performance Exceptions
- Action-based Plans of Improvement
- Data-based Monitoring and Decision Making
Effective quality systems understand the roles of QA and QE in the organization and embrace the focus on the individuals being supported rather than policy and process. H&W’s approach to quality systems will provide a sound basis for maintaining the values, mission and goals of your agency throughout the organization.
Quality Assurance is achievement of basic performance standards by:
- The continuous, systematic measurement of performance against defined standards, objectives or established targets
- The implementation of corrective actions to reduce variation from the standards, objectives or established targets
- Periodic review of performance data resulting in modifications to operational plans or performance objectives to improve minimum expectations in the delivery of supports and services
Quality Enhancement supports an organization’s Mission and Goals through:
- Ensuring that individuals receive the best services possible in an environment that enhances and motivates individual growth
- Monitoring and evaluating services & operations
- Assisting staff with improving the quality of their work/service
- Identifying potential problems before they develop
- Assuring compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
H&W provides Quality System Supports to your agency through:
- Training for all levels of the organization in the concepts of quality management
- Improving the organizational structure to include quality management activities at all levels
- Assisting in the development of an effective monitoring, review and corrective action implementation system throughout the agency
- Guiding the development of data elements, data collection systems and effective data analysis
- Integrating Quality Management Concepts into the organization’s Mission, Vision and Policies and Procedures.
Quality Processes should enhance your agency not burden it. Contact H&W for information on how our approach to QA/QE can provide effective results for your organization and for the individuals you support.